My hands may be SMALL, but my ideas are BIG

1/09/2009

Who Would You Sacrifice For a Whopper?

I think it's safe to say Burger King has taken the leap. They've gone viral, they're doing the whole social media thang. Seeing as I rarely ever eat fast food and I've never had a Whopper, the Whopper Virgin, Subservient Chicken and the most recent Whopper Sacrifice doesn't directly affect me, but I think it's still worth discussing. Crispin Porter + Bogusky (CPB) and Toronto-based Refresh Partners are both responsible for the campaign and CPB is local here in Boulder, so it hits close to home. Not to mention that around the blogosphere it has been a hot topic for discussion.

The Whopper Sacrifice goes like this: Install the Facebook Application in your profile, delete 10 "fair-weather web friendships," and Burger King gives you a free Whopper. I will also note that everyone will know who you wanted to "watch burn" and "sacrifice" because they appear in your Facebook feed. Oops.

According to the site, as of right now, already 73,462 friends have been sacrificed. It's safe to say that number keeps exponentially growing. I think the app is interactive enough that people are enjoying talking about it, musing over who they would sacrifice and free stuff always gets people going!

And for the record, if it was Chipotle I WOULD sacrifice 10 friends.

So here's the big question, would you sacrifice 10 friends for a free Whopper? Have you? What's the consensus?


Note: You must live in the U.S. in order to be eligible to receive your free Whopper.

0 comments:

Post a Comment