My hands may be SMALL, but my ideas are BIG

3/04/2009

Feauturing the Designs of an Illustrating Genius, Mateu Velasco

For the past few years I've been enamored by Brazilian illustrator, Mateu Velasco's designs and edgy artwork. His graffiti-like work, uses bold colors while often depicting raw and edgy stories, faces and people. Caesar Lima from Pixel Blog describes Velasco's varied skill from "canvas, to street corner, to beach wall, Velasco's work permeates art and street culture with a humor and grace we can't get enough of."

I've used Velasco's print as my background on my Twitter page and I got such positive feedback and intrigue from Twitter friends that I decided to reach out to him directly. I let him know how his work inspires me and that I would love to feature some of his work on my blog. He promptly responded, with humility and gratitude--so refreshing and real. Velasco kindly accepted my offer, so from the artist himself, I've featured some of my favorite pieces (labeled by his Flickr sets) but to give him due credit, please check out his Flickr page where his collections are featured.

50+

digital

spray
acrilica
posca
digital

gravura digital
formato A2


r u a


no processo

laranjeiras

illustration



2004

digital

Pinturas/paintings


serigrafia sobre kraft

2003

100 x 100 cm


Like what you see? Tell me what you think and if you know other designers and illustrators, I would love to hear of them.
blog comments powered by Disqus